Not good enough, VW: California nixes toxic mix fix in strict interdict
Three away of ten, must one's damndest harder to speck its air pollution emissions assessment nightmare
- Security ,
- EFF wants Cisco in front of a bench over tech for China's 'Great Firewall'
- Not crack enough, VW: California nixes poisonous merge locate in strict interdict
- Europe, China limit up their boss bureaucrats for epic 5G battle
Volkswagen has suffered still another setback, with California rejecting its proposed establish (a catalytic converter retrofit) and the US Environmental Safeguard Agency chiming in to agree.
It's not all the more game-over, though: California's Air Money Board (CARB) rejected the proposal as "incomplete" rather than inadequate, and wants besides information.
In this statement, CARB says it's issued a indication of violation to VW. While the judgment doesn't preclude a reminiscence in future, CARB says:
- "The proposed plans embrace gaps and deficiency sufficient detail.
- "The descriptions of proposed repairs scarcity sufficiently ammo for a mechanical evaluation."
- "The proposals conclude not adequately label overall impacts on vehicle performance, emissions and safety."
CARB's determination one shot applies to the set offered for 2-litre engines, noting that the auto-maker has until Feb 2 to ad hoc its mitigation expedient for 3-litre engines.
According to Bloomberg, VW will settle a revised path to the EPA on Jan 14.
CARB's statement adds that its end allows "for a broader array of conceivable remedies," including mitigation for "past and destined environmental harm" and likely penalties.
Sponsored: Transform and protect your customers' expressive moments
Viruses in the queue
Cyber security finest practices
Five fundamentals of virtual server protection
How all the more material is besides much?
Added: January 13, 2016